Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Your Family is a Universal Constant

I'm happy I grew up in a family that doesn't choke me with all those so-called "Asian" requirements, e.g. being on the top of the class all throughout my school life. I pretty much lived my life how I wanted to: playing all the games that I want to play while doing all the things that I have to do in the process.

Goku's Family
Son Goku's family
image c/o FanPop
I've lived a life, mostly without a father. I just met him recently, so for a good portion of my life, my mom took on the role of being my dad. Even if I did say that I wasn't raised with very strict house rules, I've been raised to be a kid who doesn't get into trouble. Well, I did, actually. But not that kind of trouble that would put me to jail. I love my family a lot. The best thing that I can do for them is be there whenever they need me. I may have started living away from the family that raised me, but that doesn't mean that I want them out.

Anyway, the point of this post is that you should learn how to appreciate your family, no matter how they raised you. If you think that they raised you poorly, they'll know when you speak up. If they hurt you, the best type of revenge that you can do against that is to stay strong while enduring all that pain. Eventually, they'll appreciate you being there. If they don't, at least you've stood tall through all the hate. Prove to them that you can be strong.

Some parents impose rules that are so impossible to follow, like "you should not fall in love with someone who isn't (insert race/religion here)" or "you shouldn't stay out too late". Just think of it this way: They don't want you ending up on the losing side. They're making sure that you won't grow up a bad person. When the time comes when you'll become the parent, you'll understand the reason why you've been brought up that way.

Some parents hurt their kids. I've heard stories of children being punished by being burnt with a hot flat iron, and some other forms of child abuse. And these same children have grew up over their bad experience. In these types of situations, they best thing that you can really do is to stand up and do what is right. Sure, you can hate them all you want, but remember that you're not going to exist without your parents.

Some parents want you to reach for dreams that aren't yours, to the point that they'll kick you out if you don't go with what they want you to choose. If you have a dream, you'll do everything in your power to reach it. Go out and prove that you can chase your dream and be successful with it. If your folks don't appreciate what you've achieved, do remember the sacrifice that you've went through to reach for your stars. ... Just don't go dreaming of being a drug lord, please. :|

Hmm... Napakalabong post, 'no? Ano lang kasi... Alam ko dumadaan tayo sa rebellious stage, pero sana naman 'wag tayong humantong sa point na sinusumpa na natin 'yung mga taong bumuo sa 'tin. 'Yun lang. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment